Australian Strength Performance (map)
120 Weston Street
Brunswick East, VIC, 3057
The ASP Coaches Certification Program is designed to develop highly competent coaches who set the highest standards of knowledge and application in science based training. The Level 1 qualification focuses on general population clients and how to effectively coach them to getting optimal body composition results in minimal time.
This comprehensive course covers the theory and practical application of topics such as:
- Effective screening procedures for general populations
- Program design
- Training methodologies and protocols
- The science of nutrition
- Client compliance and mindset
- Effective coaching
- And more…
To be certified as an ASP Level 1 Coach, there are 3 main criteria:
- Theory – a minimum 90% pass on the ASP Level 1 Coach’s theory exam. This will comprise of both multiple-choice and short answer questions.
- Practical – the 4-day course will include twice a day training, practicals and an assessed testing.
- Assessment – 2 client transformations, which will be assessed. These must include:
- Pictures and dates highlighting the before and after changes of each client (general population)
- A report detailing how the Level 1 syllabus was applied in transforming the client. This should highlight:
- The client’s goals
- The problems presented by the client
- The steps that were taken to design the program
- Program methodologies that were used
- The coaching journey
- The final result
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR:
The course is ideal for trainers/coaches who want to increase their theoretical knowledge, develop their coaching skills as well as increase their competency in creating better results with general population clients. It is also suitable for those starting in the fitness industry looking to learn more about coaching and programming.
9:00am-5:00pm on all three days