POSSIBLY A NEW GREAT WAY TO GAIN MUSCLE
Study by Dr. Rhonda Patrick on heat conditioning from the sauna to gain muscle.
HYPERTHERMIC CONDITIONING aka Sauna.
1. Increase blood flow to muscles
2. Increase blood flow to the heart
3. Allows body to regulate heat and stay cooler through sweat
4. Improve Endurance
5. Increase in Plasma Volume and increase in RBC count.
Increase Muscle Mass through 3 factors
1.Induction of Heat Shock Proteins
– Repair Damaged Proteins
– Present Oxidative Stress
– Increase Glutathione Production
– Prevent degradation of Proteins
– Increase net Protein Synthesis
– Decrease in Muscle Atrophy
2. Induction of Growth Hormone
– 2 x 20mins Sauna sessions at (176°F) boosts GH levels by 2-Fold
– 2 x 1hr Sauna session over 3 days (176°F) boosts GH levels by 16-Fold
Improving Insulin Sensitivity
– Decrease in Insulin Levels
– Improve Insulin Sensitivity
– Increase in Glucose (Glut-4) transporters in skeletal muscle.
3. HYPERTHERMIC CONDITIONING EFFECTS ON THE BRAIN
– Increase Norepinephrine, which improves attention and focus
– Increases Prolactin, which caused the brain to function faster
– Increases Brain Drive Neutropic Factor (BDNF) increase neurogenesis (growing new brain cells) and enhances learning/memory.