Interns will be educated though 6 modules, each with a practical component, allowing them to practice and apply the theories, as well as giving them a in-depth view of how our coaches analyse, think and operate at ASP.
We offer 2 streams for the internship: A 6-day intensive and a 6-week placement. Both will occur exclusively from our flagship centre in Melbourne, totalling 48 hours of structed syllabus in theory and practical.
Introducing the Intensive and Placement streams:
- The 6-Day Intensive – Introduces Interns to the 6 modules over this exclusive period. This is primarily designed for interns who are time limited or travelling from out of town. The Intensive will require a full time commitment of 8 hours a day (8:30am – 5:30pm) over 6 days.
- The 6-Week Placement – This system allows the modules to be taught over twelve 4-hour sessions (2 days a week for 6 weeks), giving interns more time to absorb the information, more opportunity for shadowing and see just how our ASP coaches apply it to clients.
- Needs and client readiness analysis
- Screening and testing methodologies
- Stretching, mobilization and activation procedures
- Understanding the Big 3 – The Squat, Deadlift and Press, their variations and how to incorporate them in programming
- Movement patterns and the associated exercise selection
- Program design and periodization – micro, meso and macrocycles
- Example and application of program variations
- Client goals vs Practical integration of programming protocols
- Client presentation and the sales process
- Calories in Nutrition – The science of numbers
- The chemistry of macronutrients – Carbohydrates, Proteins and Fats
- Understanding Nutrition from a non-caloric lens
- Integration of caloric and non-caloric principles
- Client compliance – theory vs reality
- Physiological and cultural applications
- Delivering protocol for consistent RESULTS
Case studies, Application and Practice – A meta-analysis of information and our critical thought process
Early Bird – $3997 AUD (LIMITED SPACES)
Each intake is Application only – Limited to 10 participants