The ASP Coach International certification program is designed to develop highly competent coaches who set the highest standards of knowledge and application in science based training. It is comprised of three levels which have carefully been designed to empower coaches to reach unleash their greatest potential.
This one day course provides a more in- depth understanding on the science of fat loss, muscle gain as well as other physiological factors to consider for an optimal physique transformation. It delves more specifically into program design, training protocols, nutrition, supplementation and the appropriate application of protocols. It also includes a practical training session where participants will be trained according to the scientific theories they have just learnt to reinforce their understanding.
The content will specifically cover:
- Program design for specific muscle gain and fat loss.
- Individualisation of specific training protocols.
- Common mistakes in the fat loss equation and the effects on gender differences.
- Physiological factors to consider:
- Digestion and effective nutrient assimilation.
- Gut health, fat loss and muscle gain.
- Nutrition and the role of calories – is that the be all and end all?
- Supplementation and nutrient timing.
- Mind-set and physique maintenance.
- Application of theory into training protocols.
This 3-day intensive is designed to provide you with the tools you can use in taking a tailored approach toward yours or your clients fat loss. The course will compare concepts, fad, methodologies and scientific findings and weigh up which are effective and which ones are not. Whether its general fat loss goals or something more serious like dropping the last 3 percent fat for a physique show, this course will be your guide on ‘HOW TO’.
Specifically, the course content will delve head-on to the following topics:
- Training variables that should be considered for fat loss specific programming.
- Specific training methodologies and protocols.
- Physiological variables like inflammation, stress, liver health, detoxification, sleep, digestion, etc., and their role in affecting the rate of fat loss.
- Gender differences, hormones and their role in fat loss.
- Optimal Nutrition and debunking nutritional myths.
- Supplementation – their sources and application.
- Mindset and compliance – how to make a fat loss plan work.
- The immediate application of theories through training practicals.
Is it possible to build muscle, gain size whilst getting leaner all at the same time? What’s the best way to train and eat to maximize muscle growth? What if I’m not looking to get bigger, just much stronger? These are all questions that are frequently asked, yet never answered fully or satisfactorily.
Often it takes one to hit a training plateau or unfortunately get injured before they really start to seek the serious answers. If you like many others want to identify the factors that go into planning a specific hypertrophy protocol, individualize it and see optimal results, then this course will provide the information for just that.