The ASP Internship 2024
May 20, 2024 @ 8:30 am - May 25, 2024 @ 5:30 pm
The ASP Internship is a formal internship that aims at developing allied health professionals by providing them with a wide battery of tools for evaluation, integration and effective utilization – all with the goal of personalizing solutions to produce consistent RESULTS with clients.
This is a 6-day intensive that will be held exclusively at our flagship centre in Melbourne, totalling 48 hours of structured syllabus in theory, practicals and clinical practice.
Interns will be educated though SIX modules, each with a practical component, allowing them to practice and apply the theories, as well as giving them a in-depth view of how our coaches analyse, think and operate at ASP.
This Intensive will require a full time commitment of 8 hours a day (8:30am – 5:30pm) over 6 consecutive days.
- Needs and client readiness analysis for compliance
- Reviewing our base screening methodology and utilizing more advanced tools for specific populations
- Stretching, mobilization and activation protocols
- Understanding the Big 3 – The Squat, Deadlift and Press, their variations and how to incorporate them in programming
- Movement patterns and the associated exercise selection
- Program design and periodization – micro, meso and macrocycles
- Example and application of program variations
- Client goals vs Practical integration of programming protocols
- Client presentation and the conversion process
- Calories in Nutrition – The science of numbers
- The chemistry of macronutrients Carbohydrates, Proteins and Fats
- Understanding Nutrition from a non-caloric lens
- Integration of caloric and non-caloric principles
- Somatotypes and Nutrition
- Client compliance: Theory vs Reality
- Physiological, Cultural and Sustainable applications
- Delivering protocol for consistent RESULTS
Case studies, Application and Practice – A meta-analysis of information and our critical thought process